Friday, April 16, 2010

Baby Joseph

Tah-Dah! Joseph Michael arrived at 8:13am, April 15, 2010 weighing in at 6.9 lbs, measuring 19.5 in, and being as healthy as can be! Michael and I went to the hospital the night before so they could start medication. Thankfully I was contracting a bit on my own, didn't need the medication and slept relatively sound til 4am when they started pitocin (let the contractions begin!). Water broke at 5am (dilated to 4cm), but I stayed comfortable til about 7:30am when I asked if I could get something to take the edge off since it was going to be a while til I got my epidural...well, um, needless to say things began moving fast after that...contractions by 8 were pretty uncomfortable and I was getting pouty about getting my epidural sooner than later. That happened to be when they said, "Sorry Hun. You are complete. No time for an epidural." WHAT?! No epidural?! But, but, but...Can you at least give me something for pain? "It is called pushing the baby out." *sigh* At this point I think I am going to cry, but I figured the sooner I push, the sooner all is over and done with...So push, push push plus two more pushes and we had a baby! I know that there were major prayers going on before, during and after this delivery for it to be so smooth (he had the umbilical cord wrapped twice around his neck and had no complications). Thank you, Jesus, for a healthy baby boy, a loving husband, sweet daughter and the most supportive family ever created!

So, I introduce to you Joseph and our new family of four!








Michael sprawling on the "death trap" as he refers to the pull out bed on which husbands are supposed to sleep. I was quite benevolent and let him share my hospital bed...kinda cozy.

5 comments:

  1. what a beautiful family!! i'm sorry to hear that you didn't get your epidural, but i'm not at all shocked that you did great without it! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm too emotionally unstable to read posts about new babies!!!!

    he is adorable and we can't wait to meet him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously you are amazing. I am so happy that the baby came out fast esp since you had nothing for pain! Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad it was a quick delivery!!! Congratulations again...he is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! kristen, you are a doll...you look absolutely amazing just hours after giving birth! AMAZING! he is perfect!!!! love you lots!

    ReplyDelete