Monday, March 15, 2010

Even when I am grumpy...

It was a long day at work, it's not that anything in particular went wrong. I was just tired and kinda grumpy when I got home. But then Kate remembered that she is going to have cupcakes at her party in a few weeks and reminded me of all her cousins that will be there. She named each one...RJ, Ally, DrewDrew, made a cupcake for each one (in her new kitchen) and then wanted to draw each one with a party hat on her chalk wall. As I sat there drawing her requests with chalk watching her face thinking, speaking and being pleased with my artistic abilities (thank God she can use her sweet imagination for I am no artist), I had to stop and squeeze her.

Thank you, Lord, for such a beautiful little girl, full of life, sweetness and forgiveness even when I am grumpy. May our times spent together as mommy and daughter only get better...

And I mustn't forget my adoring husband, who at this very moment (10:12 pm) is running to the grocery store to buy me a pregnancy snack. Not that I am craving anything, but he just wants me to feel special and loved (or is he trying to get my belly to become massive in the next four weeks, hmmm????). Either way, I am grateful for such a loving, thoughtful and gracious husband to call mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment