Sunday, March 14, 2010

Chef Kate

For weeks our soon to be 2 year old has been pretending to make/serve Michael and I soup, smoothies, pour us milk, juice and just about any sort of edible possibility. Yesterday Kate received an early 2nd birthday present from Grandma and Papa Brian...a brand new kitchen, stocked with all the baking supplies a little girl could imagine. After nap time, we told her there was a special surprise for her waiting in the kitchen. Down the stairs she went and ran into the kitchen looking, looking and then she spotted it. Without words, merely a delighted/astounded look on her face, she ran over to her new kitchen and stood. Finally, "Mama, look!" came out and she then wasted no time in exploring the realm of culinary arts. I desperately tried to capture the smiles on her face, but she was so enthralled that I couldn't get her to face the camera. The best I could do was one of the following pics where you see her saying "cheese" but not able to completely turn her eyes away from her new gift. Thank you Grandma and Papa!

Cute side story: While driving home from church this morning, I asked Kate if she would bake Daddy a cookie when she got home. She looked at me slightly puzzled until I clarified that she should make the cookie in HER kitchen...Her eyes then lit up and she emphatically said, "Yes!" with the biggest smile you ever did see. And that is just what she did (and promptly put it in her fridge to keep it safe til Daddy got home too). I don't want these sweet days to end!!!






4 comments:

  1. she is so sweet and that kitchen is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Kate I want her to bake Papa T a chocolate cake with a viti in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will let her know your request first thing tomorrow morning...I am sure she will be thrilled to make you a special treat.

    ReplyDelete