Sunday, January 9, 2011

Electric blanket naptime

Part of my Christmas gift this year from Michael included an electric blanket. Yes, I agree, that at first one might scoff, shake their head and conclude that this was a silly gift. BUT to a former SoCal girl who continues to freeze winter after winter in this northern state it was absolutely heavenly! To not have to jump into bed at night and frantically move my feet as fast as they will go to warm up the sheets is one of the best gifts ever.

Anyway, shortly after Christmas, Kate took a nap with me on the new blanket. She slept long and hard. Upon waking, Michael asked her if she liked Mommy's new special blanket. Her response as she sleepily pushed back her blond hair from her warm and rosy cheeks was, "No Daddy, I LOVED it!"

4 comments:

  1. That's my Kate. Smart as her mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet girl! I like those blankets too!! the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! For proof of the fact, it's 62 degrees right now in SoCal and I'm cold.

    How is Kate so sweet? I love all your descriptions of her and how you said you had to frantically move your feet to get some friction going on haha. So funny.

    ReplyDelete