Sunday, June 6, 2010

I stand corrected

Here is the scene: We are all relaxing as a family. Michael is laying down reading, Kate is playing nearby, I am holding and rocking Joseph who just finished eating.

I am simply talking to my baby and this comes out, "Well hi there, Baby Joe Joe." (I realize that before he was born, I adamatly fought my son being called this nickname, but is is kinda catchy when you are talking baby talk to his sweet little face.)

Kate instantly stops her playing, looks at me with a concerned face as if I have gone mad, shakes her head and says with quite an emphatic tone, "Name not Joe Joe, Mommy. Baby Joseph!" She continues to correct my "mishap" until I acknowledge her. I then smile at her keen observation and repent for the error of my ways. "You are right, Kate. He is Baby Joseph", I say. Kate smiles, tilts her head ever so slightly and says, "Silly Mommy!"

I love this sweet girl! Every day is a delight with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment