Thursday, February 25, 2010

One of Many New Transitions

I have been explaining to Kate for a few weeks now how she will eventually sleep in her big girl bed and baby brother will sleep in the crib. She has been repeating this to me several times each day. Sooo...today we switched the beds around. Her big girl is set with her heart blanket and pillow (courtesy of Mama Lynn) and baby brother's crib now has his bumper and comforter in place. As an extra visual aid, she placed her baby brother peanut doll in the crib and tucked him in safe and sound.
We read a few books while she was in her new bed and covered up and then I closed the door and waited. I peeked in a few minutes later only to find her back in bed with a book she had grabbed from her shelves. It was too cute to actually reprimand her, so I left her alone and checked back. This time, I caught her out of bed reaching for her another book. When confronted, she had a guilty look on her face, gave me a hug and climbed back into her bed...This time she stayed and this occurred moments later:




Of course, this is just the first nap on the first day of switching her to a toddler bed, but I am claiming success and shouting "hooray" for a great start! Good job Peanut! You are getting so big! Love you!

3 comments:

  1. Yaaa Kate - good job!! She is gonna be a great big sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww...she's so sweet - such a big girl now!!! I LOVE her blanket:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my girl. She is so much like her mommy. What a joy to watch little Kate. Kristen, enjoy the moments, they go too fast.

    ReplyDelete