Wednesday, August 26, 2009

moments matter

Ok, so I worked in the nursery tonight and, boy, was it crazy! For most of the 2 hours I was strangely reminded of being at the zoo (a very clean, loving and hygienically safe one for all you moms out there who have children in the nursery), but there was a moment which lasted for only several sweet minutes...At the peak of our precious toddler's meltdowns, I placed them once again in their snack seats and put on a Hillsong Kids CD. To be honest, it took a few second for them to quiet down enough to hear that music was playing. Once they heard the worship songs I (looking quite ridiculous I am sure) began jumping around, clapping my hands saying "praise Jesus" and asked my little ones to to the same. And you know what? They did just that! Tiny hands were clapping, shoulders were groovin' to the beat, a few arms even went up in the air to praise their Creator! My heart was elated as I watched in amazement the worship service that was taking place before me. I mean, Kate does this at home and I absolutely LOVE it, but to have all of them praise at once was so special to watch. I think it was James, Kate, Alina, Logan, Kaylie, Zoey, Jayden and Ella who joined in...(Esther was watching and Christopher was showing off his new trick of sitting up to Miss Linda)

So yes, nursery ministry was not easy tonight, but it was well worth the two hours of controlled chaos to enjoy the sweet few minutes of such tiny hands purely raised/clapping/dancing to the One who gave them to us.

So keep it up parents! All that hard work that is going into training these small humans is starting to pay off. Moments matter! Ahh...my heart can smile and forever look back on and look forward to such moments as these!

6 comments:

  1. this is the best post ever! i love our nursery workers... so appreciative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that was a great post - what a great moment. I got a lil emotional thinking about all the lil ones raising their hands together praising Jesus. Thanks for sharing that.....and for being a great zoo keeper ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the sweetest!!! Thank you for all you do:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME! You are incredible. "Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise." Thank you for being such an awesome example of this. It brought tears to my eyes to read this. Actually, my husband called me and told me I would want to read this one. I am so blessed to see our leaders with such a heart to help our wee ones know their creator. Thank you for all you do!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, absolutely LOVE it! Oh Happy Day by Kim Walker (from Bethel) is a happy song our kids love to dance to! Love you sweet friend, you make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Kim Walker! We sing it in the main service...good idea to use it with the kids too! Thanks, Meg!

    ReplyDelete